Soul Surfer Movie Study
Note: This is a digital download. No physical copy will be shipped.
Dive into this movie study for Soul Surfer! Soul Surfer is an incredible biopic about Bethany Hamilton. At 13 years old, Bethany lost her left arm in a shark attack. Through faith and perseverance, less than two years later Bethany won a national surfing title. Her story is a fantastic lesson on the power of perseverance, attitude and faith.
This packet includes 14 pages of discussion and activities designed to get students thinking critically about the movie. There is also an answer key.
- Pre Viewing Questions
- Discussion Questions + Response Sheet (can also be used as prompts)
- Compare and Contrast Bethany
- Bethany Hamilton (paragraph + quiz)
- Bethany's Attitude
- Traits of Bethany graphic organizer
- The Characters
- Surfing (graphic organizer/research project)
- Applying To Your Own Life
- Faith (can be omitted for secular study)
- Word Search